Monday, May 23, 2011

Sharkbait whohaha!

So much has happend in the last 3 days since I was last on here! And I don't have a whole lot of time now so I'm going to try to make this as short as possible!
Let me start by saying I love everyone in my group! It's really cool because we all have become instant best friends! As goofy as that sounds it's true because since most people didn't know anyone in the group and if they did they only knew one or two people out of 20 no one could really be shy. We all just started talking and after that it was like we have known each other for years! The second night everyone was here (so last night) all but 3 of us went to dinner for one of the girls 19th birthday. After the majority of us went to a local night club and went dancing and we all had a blast! The high light of the night was when one girl met a cute foreign guy and danced with him then later as she was playing with her hair found a huge wad of gum stuck in her hair!! I was dying! So we walked through downtown back to our hostel with her holding a plate of mayonaise and butter so that she could get it out! No worries she still has all of her hair and it's gone :)
So as lots of people know I got to go on a shark dive! We had a little scare at first that with my asthma history that I wouldn't be able to but I got approved and did it yesterday! We went to Under Water World in Mooloulaba (my new favorite town name) and got a whole tour of the aquarium which was really cool then we went scuba diving without cages in the shark tank! And believe me when I say they are much bigger when your not looking at them through a glass! It honestly was the best experience of my life! We weren't swimming around we just walked along the bottom and stood there as these giant sharks, including a bull shark which are known to be agressive, and giant rays swam past us! Not 1 min after being in the tank I had to duck my head because one of the sharks with hugh scary teeth was swimming right at my head! Not to attack me but they won't move out of the way for anything, they were just swimming us and didn't care if they hit us.  We took lots and lots of pics which some are on facebook if you have an account otherwise tomorrow when we go to a new place and I hopefully have internet, I will be on my own computer to post pics on here! But I'm getting ready to go to dinner and out with everyone for our last night in Brisbane so take care and if you want more details e-mail me, call my mom haha or facebook me! Love you all and miss you but not ready to come back yet ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment